J. GoLoSo

Friday, March 03, 2006

At home today....

Boo Hoo. It's true. I have the flu. So do two of my daughters. It's not a pretty site at my house. I have been denying the fact that I was getting sick, but I can no longer pretend. So, even though I have tons of stuff to do at work, there was no way I was going to make it through the day, so it's hot tea, bed and my knitting, of course. I've already performed my Wicked Witch impression and threatened to get the kids dressed and drop them off at school if they don't stay in bed and remain calm today. I am sure I'll have an encore performance at least one more time today, but that's okay. I am really good at it. I think they are scared for the time being. We'll see how long it lasts.

So, if I feel better, I am going to try to work on organizing my yarn stash and my knitting retreat. It's really a retreat off of our master bedroom, but I am determined to make it a zen-like cocoon of knitting nirvana. The only problem is that I have to sort of share it with my husband, because our computer is in there, too. Hopefully, in the near future, we are going to convert our garage into what I like to call the "Men Den" and he can have his area where all things that have to do with sports can reside. Then, I can have my space all to myself!!! Here is my knitting chair:


I had this chair made quite awhile ago. It is a nice shade of purple, which is the color scheme of my bedroom and retreat. I love it, but it is BIG. Really, it's too big, but too late. I had it custom made, so there is no going back. It's nice, though. All I really need in order to finish my room is a really good way to store all my knitting stuff. My dream is to have those cubbies that they have in the yarn shops all along one wall. I have pretty high ceilings in there, so I could put them on the wall, all the way to the top. Then....this is the best part....he he.....I want one of those rolling library ladders. I could just roll it along the cubbies and climb to where I need to get to. I am seriously going to look into that. I know it sounds nuts, but HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home